So... Who is Tom Langford??
That's a good question, and I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer, but here's a few facts:
I grew up and still live on the south-coast in Portsmouth. I live here with my beautiful wife, Rowena (that's us in the photo to the right!) We met when we were just 16, through a mutual friend and married in 2014, on our 10th anniversary as a couple.
I've been 'making' pictures for as long as I can remember; as a child I would draw literally anything and everything I could. As I got older, my creative mind began to expand quicker than my drawing skills, so I picked up a camera to ty and fill that creative void. This led me to graduating from Portsmouth University in 2009 with BA (Hons) in Photography. I also shot my very 1st wedding in my last year as a student.
I'm very much a 'people person' and thrive on meeting and photographing people. Photographing landscapes or still-life isn't quite the same for me.....it can't talk back!
Alongside weddings, I shoot portrait commissions and also quite alot of live music and fetivals, of which I've had my photographs published in various national newspapers, music magazines, album artwork and billboards too.
If you'd like to see some of my 'non-wedding' photography, click here!
I do count myself as extremely fortunate to have had the opportunities that my camera has given me, and that I get to do something I really love as my career.
Away from my cameras, my interests include:
- Dr Martens (I own far too many pairs of their Shoes & Boots.)
- My Scooters: I've owned my blue Vespa PX since I was 18 and also bought a classic Vespa to restore a few years back...
- Donkeys: I've always been fascinated with them since an early age. I have a tattoo of a donkey on my thigh, and sponsor one at a local Sanctuary.
- Running; A passion of mine I found almost by accident, but I've been jogging around 6 years now and completed various races up to full marathon distance..
- Music: I co-host a radio show with a friend on a local radio station specializing in new indie music. I also have a rather large CD & vinyl collection.