So... Who is Tom Langford??
That's a good question, I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer it, but here it goes:
I grew up and still live on the south-coast in Portsmouth. I live here with my wonderful wife, Rowena (she actually took this photo of me!) We met when we were 16 through a mutual friend and (finally!) married in 2014, on the day of our 10th anniversary as a couple.
I've been a creative person for as long I can remember really; as a child I'd draw literally anything and everything I could. As I got older, my creative mind began to expand quicker than my drawing skills, so I picked up a camera to try and fill that creative void. It seemed to work, as I went on to study Photography at Portsmouth University and graduated with BA (Hons) in 2009. I also shot my very 1st wedding in my last year as a student.
I'm very much a 'people person' and thrive on meeting and photographing people. Photographing landscapes or still-life isn't quite the same for me.....it can't talk back!
Alongside weddings, I shoot portrait commissions and also quite alot of live music and festivals, from which I've had my photographs published in various newspapers and magazines, as well as album artwork and a couple of billboards too.
If you'd like to see some of my 'non-wedding' photography, click here!
I'd always tell you that my job is the best! In fact it still amazes me that I can take photos for people and get to call it 'work', I'm extremely fortunate to do something I really love as my career; which leads me to lots of amazing places with equally as awesome people to photograph.
Away from my cameras, my interests include:
- Dr Martens: I own far too many pairs of their boots, I LOVE them.
- Scooters: I was abit of a 'Mod' during my Uni years. I've owned my blue Vespa since I was 18 and also bought a classic to restore a few years back.
- Donkeys: I've always been fascinated with them since an early age. I have a tattoo of a donkey on my thigh, and sponsor one at a local Sanctuary.
- Running; A passion of mine I found almost by accident. ! I run 2-3 times a week now and have completed various races up to full marathon distance.
- Music: I co-host an radio show with a friend on a local radio station specializing in new indie music. I have a rather large CD & vinyl collection and try to attend as many gigs as I can.
If I sound like the kind of person you'd like to shoot your wedding, or even just have a chat with; get in touch over on the contact page and we can talk.
If you'd like to hear more about how I approach a wedding shoot and the way I work, go HERE